NEW CLASS STARTING IN FEBRUARY
TO REGISTER CALL 940-300-1706 or email: email@example.com
Filial (Child-Parent Relationship Training) will help you to:
- Communicate more effectively with your child
- Effectively discipline and limit your child’s inappropriate behavior
- Help your child develop self-discipline and responsibility
- Understand and effectively respond to your child’s emotional needs
- Nurture your child’s self confidence and sense of competency
This experiential group is unique in that parents learn introductory play therapy skills by conducting therapeutic play sessions at home. These skills enhance the relationship and help parents understand their child in a deeper, more empathetic way. Problematic behavior is decreased while positive behavior is increased. The group setting is a supportive, fun, and encouraging environment where parents can feel comfortable learning new tools and hearing other parents’ experiences and stories.
What: 10 Week Filial Class (Child Parent Relationship Class)
Where: Crossroads Child and Family Counseling, PLLC
3550 Parkwood Blvd., Suite 401
Frisco, TX 75034
When: 7:00 – 8:30 pm Mondays
Cost: $50 per session – 10 week commitment
Contact: 940-300-1706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Comments about Filial Class –
What general effect has this group experience had on your life?
- “A wonderful one. I believe my child and I have strengthened our relationship.”
- “It was great to see that I am not alone in my struggles as a parent.”
- “Very positive. I feel more confident in my parenting skills and am more certain how to handle situations.”
How might your life be different had you not participated in this class?
- “The gap may not have been bridged in our (husband and wife) parenting styles.”
- “I would have missed the opportunity to learn how to see my children on a whole other level.”
- “I would have probably continued to be the uptight mom I hated being. I always treasured my child, but I do so much more now.”
If you had to say in a sentence or two what this class meant to you, how would you respond?
- “It honestly changed the way we parent. We are the parents that we wanted to be before, but didn’t know how.”
- “This group has been a relationship changing experience for the better. I would encourage anyone who loves their kids to take this class.”
- “It was the best thing I could have ever done for my family. I will carry the skills I learned over into every area of my life. It was the best investment of my time I have ever made!”
If you have children ages 2 – 10 and are interested in attending this special group, please contact Crossroads Counseling at 940-300-1706.